As I further develop a range of services for new start up businesses, here’s a little reminder of an earlier workshop I ran to inspire pre-start businesses and other people considering self employment as a realistic career option.
I was recently asked by Helen Dixon of Intact Community Trust in Preston to deliver a half day taster “Introduction To Starting Your Own Business” workshop, as part of their Learn Share Grow Programme. Attended by a group of 12 community service users and community interest groups, the workshop started by considering whether delegates had hobbies, interests and ideas that could be turned into businesses. We then moved on to cover such topics as
- What skills do people need to run a business?
- Will running a business suit me?
- How should I market my business?
- What should be included in my business plan?
Here are some of the comments delegates provided during our end of event evaluation:
- “The day will get me doing some serious thinking and research”
- “Worth repeating; maybe one day for myself”
- “Really useful ideas – great networking too!”
- “Very productive. A great introduction – very…
View original post 87 more words