I was recently asked by Helen Dixon of Intact Community Trust in Preston to deliver a half day taster “Introduction To Starting Your Own Business” workshop, as part of their Learn Share Grow Programme. Attended by a group of 12 community service users and community interest groups, the workshop started by considering whether delegates had hobbies, interests and ideas that could be turned into businesses. We then moved on to cover such topics as
- What skills do people need to run a business?
- Will running a business suit me?
- How should I market my business?
- What should be included in my business plan?
Here are some of the comments delegates provided during our end of event evaluation:
- “The day will get me doing some serious thinking and research”
- “Worth repeating; maybe one day for myself”
- “Really useful ideas – great networking too!”
- “Very productive. A great introduction – very inspiring”
- “Very useful and thought provoking. Came in a work capacity but has given me serious ideas for future personal projects”
For more information about this workshop, which can be tailored and is suitable for employment advisors, work clubs, youth and community groups, schools, colleges and universities, please see my earlier blog post, or contact me by e-mail: email@example.com