Well today is Pontefract Enterprise Show and an opportunity for GuideDotYou to showcase its services.
Unfortunately I can’t be there in person, after sustaining a back injury last week. The good news is that the exhibit is in the very capable hand of Kerry Murphy aka @KeystoneVA. Thank you Kerry – you can put the invoice in the post!
So it seems opportune to share with you some of the key services that I am currently marketing and starting to get some traction. Here’s the first service. More will follow on this blog during today.
1) “Introduction to starting your business” taster workshop
This interactive, half day, taster workshop is suitable for anyone who might never have thought about running their own business, or who have an interest, hobby or business idea and would like some early guidance about what’s involved and how to start planning for business success.
It aims to start to answer some frequently asked questions that people have when they consider starting a business, such as:
• Could my interest, hobby or idea become a business?
• What customer problem or what opportunity is my product or service trying to address?
• What skills do people need to run a business?
• Will running a business suit me?
• How should I market my business?
• What should be included in my business plan?
• What additional support is available to me?
Who Should Book?
Anyone with a wish to explore if running a business could be for them. Group bookings can be made by any organisation with an improving employability agenda, e.g. Employment Advisors, Work Clubs, Youth Clubs, Community Centres, Schools, Colleges, Universities, Housing Associations, to name but a few.